Amebo Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quickly post thoughts; interact with people, and more. All for FREE on AMEBO FORUM

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» Free unlimited credit for all networks
Super easy cake mix cookies  EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 7:29 am by Admin

» Ways to make the delicious english muffin
Super easy cake mix cookies  EmptySat May 11, 2013 10:07 am by Tunde

» The best time of my life
Super easy cake mix cookies  EmptySat May 11, 2013 7:13 am by Tunde

» Sugar(question)
Super easy cake mix cookies  EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 8:06 am by Admin

» [solved]Seo(question)
Super easy cake mix cookies  EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 7:36 am by Admin

» 5 Cheap/Affordable web hosting sites
Super easy cake mix cookies  EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 6:46 pm by Juls

» Suits, TV Series
Super easy cake mix cookies  EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 6:38 pm by Juls

» Workingout
Super easy cake mix cookies  EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 6:13 pm by Admin

» Fast food are junks and expensive- with proof
Super easy cake mix cookies  EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 4:53 pm by Admin

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Super easy cake mix cookies

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Super easy cake mix cookies  Empty Super easy cake mix cookies Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:34 pm

Deji

Deji

I've made the chocolate cake rolled in powderedsugar (see below) and they turned out so yummythat I plan to try a few others for Christmas.
Super Easy Cake Mix Cookies
It's holiday time, and these recipes are so yummy and easy to do. You're only limited by your imagination as to the variations to combine.
1 pkg. dry cake mix (any flavor, any brand)
2 eggs
1/2 c. oil
Mix these ingredients together, INSTEAD of the usual ingredients listed on the box for making a cake. You will get a very stiff mix instead of batter, but this how it should be.
Roll into balls and flatten slightly onto greased cookie sheets, or drop by spoonfuls onto greasedcookie sheets. Bake at 350 for 7 to 10 minutes.
These cake mix cookies are easy to frost and decorate.
TIP: The moister type cake mixes (the ones with the pouches or pudding) tend to have big "rocks"in them. Two things I have learned along the way...put the cake mix through a sifter, just like flour (but not absolutely necessary), and if you are using chips, like chocolate or butterscotch, etc., it is much easier to get an even dispersion ofchips through the mix if you put the chips in the bowl first. Same applies for nuts or any other additive. The mix dusts the chips and disperses them better.
TIP: when storing them, or any cookies, even hard store bought ones...put a slice of bread in the air tight container and it will keep the cookies soft or make the hard cookies soft.
Optional Creative Variations: (I got from others online)
- Double chocolate cake mix with white chocolate chips (or M & Ms)
- Yellow cake mix cookies with a 1/2 bag of Heath Brickle (toffee) Bites, or Butterfingers -- they are SO good!!!
- Red Velvet cake mix with cream cheese frosting
- Orange cake mix and chocolate frosting
- Lemon cake mix with some chopped walnuts
- Spice cake mix with diced apple in it
- If you really want to impress someone, use chocolate cake mix and roll the balls in powdered sugar. When you flatten them, they get a cracked look and when they're done they look like some delicate thing you'd get at the bakery. (Lemon or strawberry cake mix works great too, with the powdered sugar.)
- Chocolate cake mix and adding some peanut butter to it
- For chocolate chip brownie cookies from a brownie mix, add a tablespoon of cinnamon to cover the artificial chocolate taste and a teaspoon of vanilla.
- Add 3 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa to boost the chocolate taste in chocolate mixes or 1square of unsweetened chocolate.
- Butter pecan cake mix, add some walnuts and coconut and a touch of maple syrup. Add some water (just a touch) as it is very thick. Cook a bit longer because of all the add-ins. Shows how really creative one can be in adding ingredients.
- Butter recipe yellow cake mix and make dough into balls then roll in cinnamon and sugar beforebaking. They will flatten as they bake and crackle around the edges. They are pretty and soyummy! You can use the same basic recipe or you can use a stick of melted butter in place of the oil. Butter is my preference. This recipe is a lot like Snickerdoodles but with a much richer flavor.
- Lemon Supreme cake mix with white chocolatechips added. Bake at 375 for 6-8 minutes and take them out when they look almost done. They were a hit at my Thanksgiving gathering and so easy to make. I got the idea from the Pillsbury "Funfetti" Cake recipe box where they give you the recipe for Funfetti cookies. Those turn out fabulous as well.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum